Thursday, October 15, 2015

Seasonal Eating?

-
Recently, I came across a recipe for Corn & Cheese Chowder on Pinterest.  With corn, bacon, onions, bell peppers, and two kinds of cheese in a creamy base, I remarked to my friend, Dani, this would be a good soup for Fall.  She looked at me as if I'd announced my candidacy for President of Mars.  The idea of "seasonal food" was a foreign concept to her.

Historically, people ate what was accessible during certain times of year.  However, now that we have grocery stores, I wonder if people still eat seasonally.

Before I write a full blog about this I'd like input from my readers.  Please use the survey below and let me know if you eat seasonally.

Does the season influence what you eat?



pollcode.com free polls
-

No comments:

Post a Comment