Tuesday, August 11, 2015

SBarro's BBQ Chicken Pizza - A Review

-
SBarro is a by-the-slice chain of pizza eateries, which are typically found in food courts.  The branch closest to me has resided in Washington Square Mall for quite a few years.  It's a place I stop at for a quick bite while shopping, but it's not a place I think about.  It's simply there.  Thus, I was surprised when PR Manager Adrienne Sender asked me to review their, limited time only, BBQ Chicken Pizza.

SBarro's BBQ Chicken Pizza
Subject: SBarro's BBQ Chicken Pizza | Date: 08/09/15 |
Photographers: James Kiester & Bonnie Kiester | This picture was taken by the author of this blog. |

SBarro's BBQ Chicken Pizza features BBQ sauce, chunks of grilled chicken, sliced red onions, kernels of fire-roasted corn, mozzarella & cheddar cheeses, and an herb & spice rubbed crust.

The first flavor I tasted was the sweetness of the sauce, followed by a mild spiciness.  Upon chewing, the tastes of the tender chicken, onion, and cheeses worked together to deliver a pleasant bite.

As the meal progressed, the spice level, from the sauce, built into a tongue tingling heat.  Meanwhile, it became necessary to fold the slice, New York style, in order to keep the tangy sauce and gooey cheese from dripping on my shirt.  The rubbed crust was chewy with a peppery bite to it.

My only puzzlement was about the inclusion of the corn.  I could see several fire-roasted kernels on my slice.  They looked pretty, but against the strong flavors of the other ingredients, the corn didn't add, or subtract, anything to the taste of the pizza.  I'm not sure why it was there.

My lunch, a slice of pizza and a medium Pepsi, was about $8.00, which isn't bad for a fast food mall lunch.  I'd give this tasty slice of pizza 8 out of 10 stars.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment